Monday, May 21, 2012

The Lord's Hands



I´ve been doing a lot of self evaluation.  It´s pretty brutal, but healthy I think.  I was recently talking with my companion Hermana Alvey.  Expressing my frustration about having to repent for the same mistakes over and over.  That seems to be how it works, you have specific struggles that you never can seem to beat. 
I said ¨I just don´t want to have to bother God with the same thing every time.  I don't want to need help with this anymore¨
I think that's a pretty righteous desire.  To beat my weaknesses.  Seems like a good thing right?  
Well my comp in her infinite wisdom said ¨when you say that, do you realize what you are really saying?  You´re saying that you don´t want to need God anymore¨
Well that hit me like a train.  She was right.  No matter how much I improve, no matter how many weaknesses I defeat, I will always need my God and I will always need my Savior.  So now my challenge is to let go of my pride and put my broken little self in His hands, and Trust that He knows exactly what He is doing and will help me become all that I am meant to.  I challenge you to do the same.  Give everything to Him.  Christ says take my yoke upon you, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.  We are safe in His Hands.  I love you all, but He loves you more.

smile - Hna. Milmont

No comments: