Monday, November 7, 2011

Inspired Questions

There were a great deal of emotional ups and downs this week, exacerbated by a gillion health problems that have befallen my stoic companion. and I can´t tell you about them all, because there isn´t time. But suffice it to say that things are looking up. We got pretty much 0 for all of our goals, but miraculously we had two investigators who came to church! Cesar, who is our one truly progressing said on Friday that he would be coming to church, then Saturday rolled around and he changed his mind, I think his mom had something to do with it because he is the one with the car in the family, and she wanted to go to the country side. Despite this, we called on Sunday morning to wake him up, like we said we would. His mother answered after several calls and said he wouodn´t be coming. We were crushed. He was learning so much, and enjoying it, wanting to learn more. As we got to the church, he called and asked us if we were at the church. We said yes, and he said great, I´ll see you soon. Talk about tender mercies. Our recent convert, Nati, just got a calling!!!! She is going to be the secretary for the young women in the branch! we are stoked! So that's the update for the work.

Now for the update on me, we had a meeting with our branch president and we were doing our best to not get discouraged. I´m pretty good and letting things roll of my back and moving forward, maybe I´m cold hearted or something... I don´t know. But our president asked me ¨why are you happy?¨ I hadn´t really thought about that before. But the truth is that I didn´t know the answer. I had to think about this inspired question. And I am still finding the answer. But I know that I was called to serve here in this area, because I have something that someone needs. There are people here who need to hear about the gospel from me specifically, and I am here doing My Fathers work, accepting His will. This gives me joy. What an honor it is to be a representative of Christ, and what a blessing it is to be living my dream. I have got to jet. I love you all. smile - Hna. Milmont.

No comments: