Monday, September 12, 2011

Man, it´s Chile

So I have a funny story this week. Last Monday night my new companion
arrived along with the new companion of Hermana González. It was
super late, and there really is very little space in our apartment.
The kitchen, the bathroom, and the room where we eat, sleep, study,
plan, etc. all would fit in my younger brother's bedroom. So we all
got super cozy as we slept on the floor:)

The next day, Hna. Guillum and I took off for Rio Grande. I learned
so much from her in the 3 hour ride, and I´m stoked to be her companion
for the next how ever long. About 30 minutes after our arrival, we
got a phone call saying that the sisters were going back to Ushuaia.
15 minutes after that we learned that just Hna. Guillum would be
headed back, and that I was going to Rio Gallegos to be Hna. Salva´s
companion until her comp arrived (Visa issues with Peru).

In the mean time, I spent the rest of the day with the married couple
missionaries, and I learned about making fideos (noodles) with the
relief society (the women's organization of the church that provides
help and support to those in need). My Italian roots thoroughly
enjoyed it.

And then bright and early the next day I got on the Austral (greyhound
type bus) and left for Chile. And it looks just like home. Funny how
places are so similar in various parts of the world. I Crossed the
border, hit up customs twice (to leave Argentina and to enter Chile)
took a million photos, ate a super smushed peanut butter sandwich
(which was heavenly.. they don´t have that kind of wonderful here, it
was a gift from the missionary couple), talked about the Gospel of
Jesus Christ and missionary work with the man sitting next to me. Got
on a ferry to cross the straits of Magellan (I have no idea how to
spell that) here its called Magallanes, stopped at customs 2 more
times, arrived in Rio Gallegos and got strait to work once more. And
I did all of this in Spanish, que capa soy:)

And now I´m supposedly getting on a plane to Ushuaia tomorrow, and
then a Convi to Rio Grande once again. I can do this because Hna.
Salva´s companion arrived on yesterday. All through out this
experience I was able to learn just how capable we are as children of
God, to accomplish the things that we don´t feel we can accomplish,
the hard things. I am so grateful for His love and guidance in my
life. and now it´s time to take off. ¡Nos Vemos!

No comments: