Thursday, June 9, 2011

Departing for the Mission

Emotions are running high currently. I depart for the blessed land of Argentina on monday the 13th. Its hard to realize how fragile this existence really is. My district is like my family, and once more I have to leave those I love. This is a fairly difficult thing for me, knowing that I may never see my elders, my brothers, again in this life.

Having this experience with them has taught me a great deal about unity. How with unity, the spirit can dwell with us, and inspire us as we strive to follow Christ. How we support one another as we move forward.


So often we stress over whether or not we are doing what the Lord wants us to do. While in all actuality we need simply to choose the right, and as we do this, the spirit will know that he can work through us. It is because we are in action, because we are moving forward, that He can guide us. Have you ever tried to guide someone or something as they were standing still? It isn't possible. If they are not in motion, they cannot be guided. So if we are being good, choosing the right, and moving forward, we don't need to stress.

My district has taught me a great deal about this, and as I learn to do it, it becomes easier to trust in the Lord, and not fear. I trust that through the challenges that I and my Elders will face, we will follow the spirit. I trust that my Elders will be safe. I trust that those at home will feel the love of our Father in heaven. I trust that as I feast upon the words of Christ, and endure to the end that I will be able to teach with a tongue of angels (2nd Nephi 32:3).

I know that this is the work of God and that it will continue to move forward. I love you all. Nos Vemos!

Sonrei ~ Hernana Milmont

No comments: