Thursday, May 26, 2011

Seguimos A Jesucristo.

At our last devotional, Elder Russell M.Nelson of the Quorum of the
Twelve Apostles and his Wife Wendy came and spoke to us concerning
obedience and our purpose. Now being obedient is not particularly
hard for me. At a relatively young age I discovered how people
(especially me) are the happiest when everyone is choosing the right.
The benefits far out weigh the drawbacks.


Sister Nelson relayed an experience where, as she was conversing with
a recently returned missionary, she asked what was the most profound
lesson to be learn as a missionary. His reply was that obedience
brings blessings, but EXACT obedience bring miracles. The Lord has so
many blessings to pour out upon us, but we must first do what He asks.
In Doctrine & Covenants, section 82 verse 10 the Lord tells us about
this remarkable relationship. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I
say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." God is
sitting on the edge of His seat, with the desire that we, His
Children, will understand and utilize this glorious relationship.
What a simple equation! So why is it so difficult for some to do
those small and simple things? (Alma 37:6-7) There is a wise purpose
to every commandment of the Lord. When we do these things, I know
that the Spirit can better guide us as we serve the Lord.

Building upon that foundation, Elder Nelson asked us "why are You
obedient?" His answer sunk deep into my soul. It was simply put, for
the human soul speaks simply. "You Follow Jesus Christ." What a
phenomenal phrase! Encompassing the entire reason for why we do the
things we do, and why we are who we are. In General Conference a few
years ago Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
said that people know who we are by what we do. That what we do is
dictated by how we feel about what we know. That is why I am serving a
mission. I know that the messege of the restored Gosple of Jesus
Christ will bless your life. As you ask for yourself, and study it
out, praying with a sincere heart to recieve the answer, you will feel
the truth of it, and begin to act. This is who I am, "Behold, I am a
disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him
to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting
life." (3rd nephi 5 :15) Sigo a Jesucristo. Nos Vemos.


Sonrei ~ Hna. Milmont

1 comment:

Becca said...

Obedience is one of the most important things I learned in the MTC. Obedience brings the Spirit and the Spirit does the work!