Thursday, May 19, 2011

Faith in His Children

A great deal is happening here at the MTC. For example, yesterday 500 missionaries arrived. What a marvelous thing, the work is moving forward, the stone cut out of the mountain without hands is rolling forth. (D&C 65:2) Here we are, children, quasi adults, who know so little, and yet we are here to serve the Lord & His children. It makes me feel so insignificant, but we learn in Doctrine & Covenants that the Gospel will be "proclaimed by the weak & simple, unto the ends of the world" (1:23) and "every man shall hear the fullness of the gospel in his own tongue."(90:11) As I see the new missionaries arrive each week, I remember how small I felt when I arrived four weeks ago. Learning how to be an effective missionary is a formidable task.

Recently new challenges have arisen, and because so many missionaries have been coming in, changes are being made. One of those changes dealt with my district. We have been transferred to a new zone & combined with their intermediate district. Luckily we already have a good friendship with each member of that district. Nevertheless it has been a difficult transition. Our challenge is to take two individual districts with their established dynamics, and create one unified district. With several stong personalities, this may take some time. I'm still the only sister missionary, but now I'm working with 11 elders instead of 4.

There are also many changes occuring within the curriculum. I'm learning how constant change really is. All of these changes are proving to be incredibly challenging, so what does that say about the missionaries who are making the transition? God has faith in His children! God has faith in US! How amazing that knowledge is! He asks us to accomplish a great things, because he knows that we can, and has faith that we will. I love the mission, and I love all of you. Nos Vemos!

Sonrei ~ Hna. Milmont

No comments: