Thursday, May 12, 2011

And I went Forth

Do you ever think about the difficulty that comes with persecution? How do we act? Can we say with confidence: I did my part.
Each morning we have an hour of personal scripture study time. This is a choice opportunity to develop a lasting friendship with the word of God.
Yesterday I began a new study of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is an account of a people who left Jerusalem around 600 B.C. It follows these people, their posterity & development up to about 421 A.D. Also, it gives an account of Christs' visit to the Americas, after His atonement, crucifixion, and resurrection. John 10:16 tells us that there was another people needing salvation. This scripture was given in reference to Gods children on the American continent. The Book of Mormon testifies that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world.
As the Book begins it tells the story of Lehi & his family. Lehi was a prophet and thus was called to preach the world of God. At this juncture, Jerusalem was a fairly wicked city, and the people were hard in their hearts. In his heart, Lehi longed for the salvation of his people. Knowing that the message may fall on deaf ears, he went forth. 1 Nephi 1:18
Verse 19 continues saying he was "mocked because of the things which he testified." But he still went forth. Like Paul, in Romans 1:16, Lehi "was not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power unto salvation.
Like Lehi, I am called to preach the word of God. The people will probably mock me. Nevertheless, I will go forth, for I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, I know that it is indeed, the power unto salvation. Nos Vemos.
Sonrie ~ Hermana Milmont

No comments: