Thursday, May 5, 2011

I do not doubt my mother new it:)

Homesickness: An unproductive state of being brought on by what life is where you are not. Yesterday, it finally happened. Yours truly, was finally homesick for 2.3 hours. She swore it would never happen, but, the natural man weak, and subject to such feelings. The Lord blesses us each with the promise that if we rely on him, he will convert our weaknesses into strengths. Ether 12:27

As I was struggling with my new found weakness, I remembered all of the people whom I love at home. Life for them, is moving forward. Generally this might be the cause for some longing of home, but as missionaries we are promised that our families will be well watched over. D&C 31:2.

Finally, I thought on my mother. This weekend is Mother's Day, but I am of the opinion that each day should be Mother's Day. After birthing you, changing your diapers, cleaning up your vomit, feeding you, dealing with teen drama, teaching you to do your laundry, etc., she has spent the greater parts of her life loving you. Truly the most noble occupation possible. All the while, she has taught you how to be: a good person, an asset to society, a loving human being, a light to your fellow man, and above all; a follower of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. In Alma 56:47-48 there are roughly 2000 young men going to war, but they are not afraid. Their mothers taught them to put their trust in the Lord, and they did. Like them, I am away from home charging headfirst into the battle for the souls of man. My mother tauhgt me to trust in the Lord. I will do so, and I will not fear (or be homesick). I cannot doubt that my mother knew it. I love you Mom! Nos Vemos.

Sonrie~ Hermana Milmont

No comments: