Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bruised Knees and Spiritual Things

In many cases, we find ourselves wondering "for what purpose have I been put in this situation?" I found myself asking that very question on my knees.

You all know that I am a solo sister. It seemed odd at first, and to be almost perfectly honest... it has been a great experience. When my district began our adventure together, I felt like as fifth wheel of sorts. Which is to be expected, after all, I am older and wiser;) But in all seriousness, I was in desperate need of understanding. A feeling of need began to grow slowly somewhere between my brain and my stomach. It told me that I needed to ask for guidance.

On page 39 of the missionary manual, Preach My Gospel, it states "No one can know of the spiritual truths without prayer." As missionaries, we pray on our knees at the start and end of each: meeting, personal study, companionship study, class time, district meeting, sleeping, etc. Currently, I have a bruise the size of Texas on each of my knees. One week ago, I found myself praying for the Elders in my district, each of them in turn for those thing which they stand in need of. As I discussed their needs with the Lord, something changed. It's amazing how the Spirit can touch our hearts. He testified to me that my Elders are children of God. I love God's children. And I love my Elders. I know that I am meant to help each of them on their path to becoming the amazing people that I know they will be. We are God's children, we are brothers and sister, and we will help bring God's love to this generation. I love you all, Nos vemos:)

Sonrie ~ Hermana Milmont

No comments: