Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yo no se porque no lo se!

There are many things that people experience in life. My most recent experience consists of wrong turns and not knowing anything! This is a rather uncomfortable position to be in. I am currently at the missionary training center (MTC) in Provo, Utah. My life is officially: learning to speak a foreign language, learning to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in said language, studying 9 hours a day, digesting cafeteria food, exercising, keeping a journal, planning every day be half hour increments, being productive, getting along with 19 year old boys, showering with sandals on, understanding 5 other girls (roommates), keeping your space clean, loving your companion (whom you are never without, or in my case make sure that you are never alone by scheduling with both your roommates and your district), eliminating the words "guys and dude" from your vocabulary, being spiritual, and having a great attitude:)

I learned all of this on day one at the MTC. But lucky for me, I have 3 days to figure it out :)

Here at the MTC we have many zones. Each zone is made up of districts, and each district is made up of individual missionaries. My district has 5 people in it. 4 Elders and me. This is not what I had expected. It's HARD! Boys are WEIRD;) Despite this, I know that I will be able to learn and grow from this experience. I was the only intermediate Spanish speaking sister that arrived here on Wednesday, and therefore I have a sticker on my name tag that designates me as a "solo sister." I can be with any two elders or any one sister. Needless to say, I need 3 extra days to figure it out.

Each week we prepare a 5 minute talk in Spanish, and we are called at random each Sunday to share what we prepared. I had planned to share those with you each week for the next 8 weeks, but I am currently in civilian clothing and doing laundry and I left my talk elsewhere, but I will send it next week, so you can enjoy my green Spanish:)

I love it here. It's hard work, but I have never felt so productive in my life. I'm learning so much and it's a validating feeling. Even though I don't know what I don't know, I do know that the Lord will bless me as I do what is right. Nos Vemos:)

Sonrei ~ Hermana Milmont

1 comment:

Becca said...

jajajaja. I remember I had a nightmare before I went into MTC that I got there and didn't have a companion, and then when I got there, there were tons of sisters without companions! Way to be solo, Sister.

I can relate to all of your figuring out the culture of the MTC. Getting rid of guy and dude were REALLY hard for me, as well as understanding 19 year men. Love them!!