Monday, October 8, 2012

"The Standard of Truth has been erected, no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing!!!!"


I love general conference!!!  I learned so much about our purpose and calling.  I wish I could share all of my notes with you, but that would take far too long. My favorite talk was Elder Holland's.  It was very similar to a talk he gave in the MTC.  He spoke of the 3 year ministry of Christ and His Apostles.  When Christ ascended to His Father in Heaven, I´m sure the apostles asked ¨well now what?¨ I´ve been praying for many answers of late.  One of which concerning the not so distant future, when I too will be separated from a ministry of 18 months, serving the people of Argentina with my all.  I was sure to be faced with that terrible question of ¨well now what?¨

The work doesn´t end.  Once a missionary always a missionary.  Members of the Church have a unique opportunity to share the Gospel with those whom they love.  The circumstances change, relationships are different.  But the doctrine is the same.

God has said ¨for behold this is My work and My glory, to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man¨ that's the doctrine.

God loves each and every one of us.  He wants us to come home.  We all agreed to come here.  I feel that we knew somewhat of our future circumstances.  Those who would not be born in the Gospel, made the decision to come anyway, acting on faith, it was a big risk.  They put their salvation on the line.  They trusted in the promise that each would have the chance to hear the blessed news of the Gospel of Christ.  Trusting that they would be found.  Trusting you and me.  That trust was based on experience we had with one another before this life.

My companion and I were talking about this the other day.  I said that if I hadn´t been born in the gospel, I don´t know if I would have had the faith to come here, knowing that I might not see my Heavenly Father again.  But as I pondered I felt the Spirit whisper that I would, and he told me why.  Knowing my brother, my companions that I have had, my family, my dear friends, the many people whom I love here in Argentina, I have no doubt that they would find me.  I know them, and I know the kind of people they are.  They don´t give up, they work to feed Christ's sheep, and find His lost lambs.  That's who they were from the beginning, before the world was, and that's who they continue to be.

The Lord is gathering His children, and he´s doing it through each one of us.  A whole new generation of missionaries are coming to the field.  And another is returning to the fields where they began, to continue the work, and establish peace and joy in their homes.  Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ, we will all Press On in the Work of the Lord.  I love you all.  Stay safe.  Study the words of the Prophet.  Pray to receive testimony of their words,  Act on that witness that you Will receive.          

smile - hermana Hannah Milmont

No comments: