Monday, September 3, 2012

What gift do you have that God wants you to be grateful for?


I had a great conversation with my companion this past week about the opportunity we have to develop personally.  Many times I catch myself thinking on what I can improve.  But this can be dangerous.  If you try to change everything at once then all of a sudden nothing gets done, no progress happens.  And then you get frustrated.  But the truth is, we learn step by step, line by line.  Hermana Kapp and I did an experiment.... well, not really an experiment, but we wanted to see if we could describe each other in 3 words.  I described her, after much pondering, as - powerful - direct - sincere.  a few hours later we had just gotten back to our pension.  She said ¨its interesting how you described me, because those are things that have struggled with all my live¨ after that experience we really could see ourselves on a path of progression.  God gives unto men weakness so that they might learn to humble themselves and let the Lord make those weaknesses strengths, make us - the weak things of the world - into something and someone superb, that we could not have become on our own.  I love how the gospel helps us grow and the opportunity to continue growing and learning.  Our Weaknesses are gifts.

We are teaching a young man named Rafael who is in a wheelchair.  But he is incredibly independent.  What impresses me most is that when he needs help, he recognizes it, and he asks.  I asked him if he had ever not been helped.  He looked at me and replied simply ¨the people are good¨ My testimony of many things grew with those 4 words.  I pray that all of us can recognize when we need help, and when those around us need help.  He is right, the people are good, let us loose the fear to show it.  I love you all - stay safe

smile - Hermana Milmont

No comments: