Monday, September 10, 2012

Come to the Lord


This weekend has been incredible.  Friday and Saturday night I got 7 hours of sleep total.  But it was worth it. In Buenos Aires there are 3 missions,  and in each mission are approximately 200 missionaries.  We had the incredible blessing to have a special meeting with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder M. Russell Ballard, and Elder D. Todd Christofferson.  These three men are called of God to Share the Gospel with all of God's children.  We as missionaries have been entrusted in helping that same work of the Lord move forward.  They shared with us that the Gospel is the key to happiness within the family, everything that we do is done with the knowledge that it will bless our family, including those who have come before and those who have yet to arrive in this mortal experience.  God is our Father, we are His Family.  His divine plan was created for one purpose, just one: to teach us how to come home.  I cannot imagine my life without my family.  Think about it for a minute.  Pause,  ponder , ask yourself, do I know what happens after this life?  Do I have the assurance that I can be with my family forever?  How do I gain that assurance?  I promise you that there is a way to receive that sure promise of an eternal family.  It is through the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He taught the steps necessary to return to live with God.  That though Faith in Christ and His sacrifice, Repentance and the desire to become more like Him, Baptism by one holding the Priesthood Authority of God, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost which purifies us, and Enduring to the End by keeping the commandments of God, we can make it home.  Jesus Christ, your elder brother is inviting you every day to come unto Him, that through Him you can return and live with your Father who loves you specifically.  This is the testimony that I share with you because I know that He loves you.  Have a beautiful week.

smile - Hermana Milmont

No comments: