Monday, July 16, 2012

Sweet is the Work


I Love being a missionary. I feel so blessed to have such an opportunity. It's not a cake walk, it's hard work, but every time I think ¨it can´t get any better than this¨.... it does. Throughout the mission I have come to the conclusion that every area is as hard or as easy as you believe it to be. I am reminded of a quote I saw once at a gymnastic club in Laramie that said ¨whether you think you can or you think you can´t.... you are right¨ I promise that this is true. I have been in many of the ¨hard¨ areas in Argentina. Said areas come with excuses like... the members don´t help.... no one is receptive or willing to listen to our message.... all the miracles are happening in that other area... but it couldn´t happen here. The missionaries get to this ¨unprogressive¨ area and they have to choose what they will listen to; the stereotype that has been put into place... or realize that the work has nothing to do with their area and everything to do with our attitude and our trust in the Lord. Satan tells all of us - missionaries, normal people, men, women and children - that they are creatures of circumstance being acted upon by other forces. Then we compare ourselves to the those whom we, in our limited knowledge, see as successful. And we get discouraged and give up. We are told in the scriptures to think good thoughts and good actions will follow. I am here to testify to the truth of this promise. Don´t listen to the negative thoughts put into your head, replace them! You can do Anything as you rely on the Savior. You are the CREATOR of circumstance, not the creature of circumstance. In Alma chapter 26 of the Book of Mormon the missionary Ammon says just that. That he can do all things with the Lord's help. I love you all and I pray that you strive to see the sweet in the work that you do each day. The gospel changes lives.

smile - Hermana Milmont

No comments: