Monday, April 9, 2012

Perspective

This past week I had a unique opportunity. We went to capital for an appointment con el Medico. I got to wait in the lobby area with all the other companions of those being doctored. But it was a Tuesday. That's when all those who have finished their missions head home. And there were 8 missionaries waiting there for their convi (large passenger van...) I asked them if they had any advise for me. And one elder asked me an inspired question ¨what do you struggle with the most?¨
I generally wouldn´t admit this to all of you, but I had been struggling for a while. It seems that my missionary talents are exclusively in helping members who stopped coming for whatever reason, return. God loves each of His children so much, including those who´ve gone astray, He wants everyone home. But as missionaries we are called to invite people to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. I think there comes a time in... almost every missionary's life where they aren´t baptising. There is no other way home to our Father in Heaven. Each of us have to take these steps. This is Christ Gospel. We´re a family, and God wants you to come home. He wants me to come home. We´re His kids. That's why the Gospel was restored. We´re running our of time.
Back to the story, another Elder then reminded me of a story in the Book of Mormon. In the story we are shown how it is so much easier to maintain a city than to take it back once its been captures. If the city is us and our testimony our salvation, then its easier if we can keep the faith then to fall and come back later. God works through me to retake cities.
I have been praying so hard and so much that I´m sure if God could be weary of me He would. But I lacked the faith. The 1st elder then gave me a scripture to study in Doctrine and Covenants 112:10 Be thou ahumble; and the Lord thy God shall blead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers. I know that God is leading me. He´s holding my hand and giving me strength. God answers our prayers. I know this because I had been praying for help. The experience I had with those missionaries getting ready to leave Argentina for perhaps that last time was the answer God sent me. I challenge you to be humble enough to realize that He is listening to you. Sometime we feel like God answers everyone's prayers but ours, like we're second class citizens. Its not like that. Each soul is precious. I love you all. But that doesn´t really matter. God loves you. He wants you to know that. Use a little Faith, Pray and ask Him ¨Father do you Love me?¨ you will feel it.

Smile - Hna Milmont

No comments: