Monday, March 5, 2012

Sin Voz

Well, it was bound to happen, I haven´t been sick for... over 6 months, and the climate change doesn´t help any. I don´t know what I have, but it feels a lot like the flu. Luckily I think the worst is over. But the hardest part is that the sickness has left me mute. You never realized just how important it is to speak until you can´t. My poor companion has a ton of talking to do. Which is actually a good thing because she needs to practice talking. Her Spanish is phenomenal considering how little time she has here. But getting over that second bridge of actually using what you know is generally difficult. In short, pray that I get better and my voice comes back.

We´re teaching an English class each Saturday as a means to finding new investigators, thus far it's proved useful, so that's exciting for us. We always see bill boards that say ¨sabes inglés te hace crecer¨ which basically means if you know English you´ll get ahead fast. And who better to teach than two north americans right?

We´re a little north of Buenos Aires, I´m sure you could google it. Fall starts on the 20th of this month and it looks like rain is going to be coming in. Enough about this crazy new place.

In the introduction of the Book of Mormon there are three invitations for every person who ever comes across it. The first is to read it. Not all of it of course, but some of it to start off. The next invitation is to ponder in your heart, or in other words, think on what you have read, how does it sound, how does it feel? The final invitation is to pray and ask God in the name of Jesus Christ if the Book is true. If we take this challenge and experiment on the words, we have a Promise. By the Holy Spirit you will know, for YOURSELF if it is true. I have taken this challenge and I have received an answer. I know it's true, and nothing in this world makes me happier. I invite you to try it out, I promise that God will answer you. I´ve seen Him answer countless numbers of prayers here on the mission. But really, don´t take my word for, do it for yourself.

I love you all

smile - Hna. Milmont

No comments: