Monday, March 19, 2012

Ojos Claritos and 147 Mosquito Bites

Well the big news this week is that the size of my area just doubled. It was already huge, but sweet is the work. I have switched companions until future notice. The idea is that the two senior companions (the two with the most experience in the mission i.e. hermana Salva and I) will be doing twice the work until my companion is on her feet again. Currently she can work 5 hours per day. Needless to say we´ve come up with some new challenges in coordination and making sure all the needs of our area are met.

What I have learned: we have two choices. We can either twiddle our thumbs and wait to be told exactly how we are supposed run things, or we can pray for a vision, make goals, then plans to achieve said goals, and then act on those plans. So there is some experimentation going on, but I feel like we are moving in the right direction.

There is a story in the Book of Mormon that most people who are raised in the church are very familiar with. Its the story of Nephi and his brothers when they go get the plates (Scriptures and their family history). Due to the unforeseen challenges they needed to make several attempts to get the plates. Two of his brothers wanted to give up after the first try, but we all know that nothing worth fighting for comes easy. So Nephi knew what they needed to get, he set a goal, made a plan, and acted.

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who act and those who are acted upon.... I can´t remember who said that, but its true. And what's more, we are happier when we are following the pattern of action. I challenge you to set some goals and try out the pattern for yourself, it works, I know it because I've been doing it.

As for the bugs bites, I´m now using OFF religiously. 65 bites on my left leg and 83 on my right, but i haven´t itched them... talk about self control, its killer.

on Wednesday we stopped to talk to an old man on the street, and he said, ¨que ojos claritos tienes¨ what clear eyes you have¨ after sharing our message with him he said ¨hablan con sus ojos mas que nada, miran dentro una persona, dentro su alma. Que onda¨ you speak with your eyes more than anything else, and you look inside the person, inside their soul. wow.

Each person is born with the light of Christ, we preach the Gospel, and the light inside recognizes truth. Christ's Gospel has been restored. He lives.

I love you all
smile - Hna. Milmont

No comments: