Monday, October 17, 2011

I can breath!

Transfers came and went and I am in the same area! its a miracle! Yesterday was mothers day in Argentina (Happy mothers day Mom:) and it was pretty nerve wracking for us mortals. Our mission president said that he would be white washing a few areas. A white wash in missionary terminology is when both members of the companionship are taken out of an area, and replaced with a completely different companionship, talk about starting in the deep end. This doesn't happen very often, but it is not unheard of... So waiting for the phone call to break the news was anything but calm. But my incredible companion, hna Gillum and I get a least one more transfer together. I cannot express how excited I am!!! ;) There is still so much to learn and we have finally gotten the hang of things here in chacra.

Most of you know how much I love to smile. It is one of the things that keeps me going when things get rough. Missions are hard, but I would not trade this experience for anything. Its worth all the joy and all the pain. There are days when we get home and no one had listened to Gods messege, and then there are days when we are able to teach every person we see. And then you look back on everything, you see where and who you were, and its a huge surprise. It is almost hard to recognize yourself, because of all the growth that has taken place. Like infants, the rate of growth is so fast. Each week if not every day they look a little different.

Currently I am an infant in the gospel, but I am learning and growing so much. I find that sometimes I get down on myself for not doing everything right. I know, I know... it crazy to have an expectation for perfection. Because I am going to mess up, its that simple, and so are you. But that is the beautiful thing... we get to learn from our mistakes. Christ suffered everything and conquered everything so that we can make mistakes and then repent and grow. So I challenge you, get up and dust yourself off, then try again. Every time you fall Reach out to God and He will grab your hand, lift you higher than you were before. When Nephi was getting down on himself, he realized that he could put his chin up and smile. He said - I know is whom I have trusted, my God hath been my support (2 nephi 4:19-20) Awake my soul! no longer droop in sin. Rejoice O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul (28) - I imagine that he had been in tears, but as he trusted in God, he felt His love, and smiled.

I love and pray for you all everyday, stay safe and trust in God, your Heavenly Father. ¡nos vemos!

SMILE! - Hna. Milmont

No comments: