Monday, August 29, 2011

The Little Stomach

So my companion is wonderful, she is an amazing missionary, and loves everyone but she does have one fault, its true. Her stomach is the size of a golf ball. This can cause a lot of problems because people pile our plates pretty high. She also can´t handle much red meat. Also an issue here in Argentina, because EVERYONE eats red meat!


We have been trying to devise a plan that will decrease the amount of food that she has too eat. First we tried to eat really slow, so they wouldn´t give us more food as they got seconds for themselves. But this doesn´t work because they give us more food anyway, and then we are late for our next appointment. And that's the only idea that we had... so I, having a larger stomach (as of now), have started eating her red meat, and any food that she can´t finish. She cuts up whatever she can´t handle and then, when our host isn´t looking, I spear as many pieces as possible on my fork and start chewing. Therefore, she doesn´t get sick, the members don´t get offended, and I get my share of blessing. I pray for health and healing every night. That way I can handle any afflictions of the stomach that come my way. I can´t say it´s my favorite solution, but if I can help, I will.


As I do this I think about the challenges that each of us have in life. We confront them, and sometimes it is more than we can handle. It is then that we learn to rely on the savior and the sacrifice that he made for each of us. Its probably an irreverent comparison, but its applicable. Christ does for us what we cannot do for ourselves, He does it because He loves us. And I help my companion do what she cannot do for herself, because I love her. I pray that you are all doing well, and that you aren´t eating too much;) Nos Vemos


SonreĆ­ - Hna. Milmont

No comments: