Monday, August 13, 2012

Lost and Loving it.


So my companion, hermana Kapp, and I are both new in this area... so basically... WE DON´T KNOW ANYTHING! It's splendid.  We are gaining a new appreciation for prayer and step by step learning who´s who and what´s what.  But I´ve heard a lot of great things about this ward, and the members, so that's exciting.  Its a big area... but nothing compared to my previous area.  Therefore I have great hopes of being well versed in all the colectivos and streets by the end of the week:) 

We are working with a young man named Rafael.  He´s in a wheel chair and has a lot of challenges to overcome.  But his faith is incredible.  We contacted him on the street as we were giving out invitations to the Temple open house.  He seemed relatively interested as he accepted the invitation.  Well, the truth is that there are lot of people who seem relatively interested, therefore we didn´t think too much of it.  Now for the question... what makes him different?  He not only accepted the invitation but he came to church on Sunday and went to the temple on Wednesday.  Despite his physical limitations, he went through all the trials involved with wheelchairs and showed up.  He doesn´t think he has faith, but I know that as he continues to progress he will recognize that which the Lord has waiting for him, and see his faith grow.

We were in the Temple helping with the tours Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning (I´m going again tomorrow and Wednesday:).  It was truly a wonderful experience.  I love the Temple and the spirit that is found within.  It's interesting though.  I was talking with my companion about the whole experience and we both noticed, as peaceful as the Temple is right now, we can tell that it has yet to be dedicated.  The dedication of the Temple is something very sacred.  A prayer is offered by one possessing the priesthood authority of God, in this prayer the building is set apart as a sanctified place, the literal house of God.  Within the Temple we learn of our purpose on this earth and our testimonies grow as we find peace and the answers to the questions hidden in our hearts.  I love the temple so much and the blessing that my family has received though going to the temple, I know that it is the literal house of God.  I love this Temple here in Buenos Aires and I am so excited to enter once it has been dedicated and feel the presence of my Heavenly Father therein.  I love you all and I pray that you are safe.


smile - Hermana Milmont

No comments: