Monday, July 30, 2012

Blessings!


Ok so I have about ten minutes to write, let's see how it goes.  This week was great!  To catch the colectivos (buses) we had to run after all of them, its pretty fun running across the road and jumping random piles of trash to catch a moving object, but it's all worth it knowing that you´ll have to wait another half hour for the next one.  We are working with a couple of families from Peru and I love seeing them as they act on the invitation to read, ponder, and pray about the things that we are teaching.  You can see in their eyes the change that the gospel is already making for them, and they aren´t even members yet.  Silvie is a girl who is searching really earnestly to know if this really is what she is looking for.  The gospel makes us happy and it is bringing happiness to her and her sisters and mother.  We are praying that as she comes closer to Christ she will understand who she is as a daughter of our loving Heavenly Father.

We did another visitors center this past Saturday.  We went to Matheu in the zona Escobar.   When we weren´t doing the tour my companion and I went outside to invite people to come and see what there was to see.  For a split second I had a birds eye view and I watched myself with amazement walking up to complete strangers and talking to them like we had known each other forever.  The changes I see in myself astound me.  As the people I teach change and grow, I do too.  We invited 3 young men to come and do the tour, they said they didn´t believe in God or Christ, but then figured they´d give it a try.  The missionaries in that area set up appointments to go teach each of them.  You can see when a desire to believe is in a person's eyes.

Last but not least.  Today we had the great blessing of going to the temple here in Buenos Aires.  There are 3 missions here in this province.  Each of them with about 180 missionaries.  25 missionaries from each mission were selected to participate in the open house of the temple before its dedication on the 9th of September.  There will be 3 weeks when the temple here will be open to the public, and my companion and I have the opportunity to help those who come to the temple understand the importance of that sacred place.  I´m so excited.  I love the temple so much.  It truly is the house of God.  When we entered its doors today, I felt as if I was entering the doors of my own home, as His daughter.  I´m so grateful to be a missionary here at this time under these circumstances. I love you all and I invite you to prepare yourselves to attend the temple and Go.  For it is one of the best places to learn what God has waiting to teach you.

Smile - Hermana Milmont

No comments: