Monday, April 2, 2012

Teach Your Children Well

No I´m not quoting Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. But the principle remains the same. This past weekend was the 182nd Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. We had the blessing and opportunity to listen the the counsel of God through the leaders of His church here on the earth.

What I learned: in all reality I learned a ton, but I felt that the theme was focused very much on the family and our personal relationship with God as His children. Growing up I was blessed with parents who understood the importance of teaching us correct principles and letting us then use our judgment to make a decision. At times our decisions weren´t so wise, but we Learned. And we know how to rely on God, and consult with Him. I developed a relationship with my Father in Heaven because my earthly parents were willing to let me grow. Thanks Yaya and Papa Bear for your counsel, guidance, and willingness to let me try my wings out. I fell... a lot, but as I fell I learned to open my wings and fly because you taught me the principles of faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Spirit and enduring to the end.

I have the link for one of my favorite talks from conference. I invite you to watch it, and use the council as you interact with your own families. I love you all

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2012/04?lang=eng&vid=1542491649001&cid=7

smile - Hna Milmont

No comments: