Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Vision

Yesterday we had Zone conference and we all went to Ushuaia. Its always grand to visit old stomping grounds. One of our Area Authorities, Elder Foster, and his wife are making a tour of the mission, and we were the first stop. I learned so much about the vision of missionary work. The Goal and Vision is that the missionaries help the members do missionary work. Right now, we are the missionaries, doing the work of the Lord, and the members help us as they are able. But the vision is that the members become the missionaries and the missionaries help the members do the work. Missionaries come and go, we aren´t always going to be around to help those we teach as we can now, eventually we go home. But the members, they are consistent. You have the ability to not only help people follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptised by one holding the priesthood authority of God, but to fortify that person's testimony as they grow in the Gospel, and as their conversion continues and they endure to the end. I invite each of you to pray to our Father in Heaven and ask whom among your friends and family has been prepared to receive the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will answer. And then start talking to them and have the missionaries help you to bring that person into the Fold of Christ. You are the most powerful missionary, God knows you by name, and he knows the name of those you will help. So Ask! You WILL receive, I testify of that truth.

I love the mission, I love the work, I love my companion, my area and my district. But more importantly, I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and will show that love as I work to find my brothers and sisters here in Argentina. I love you all. ¡Catch the Vision!

smile - Hna. Mimont

No comments: