Monday, August 1, 2011

Knee Deep and Sinking :)

At this point I have become accustomed to the climate and the people, different customs and lots of... subir.. hiking, climbing? We work on a mountain face, therefore I receive my share of exercise. One day, this past week, we were crossing what had been a puddle, but had since frozen over... of so I thought. I thought wrong, the ice broke, and my left leg, up to my knee was thoroughly soaked. Luckily we only had 2 hours left until our day was over. But that's not all. We had a great lesson with a family, and an appointment set for the next day. We left the home and I was so excited! Not thinking (it was dark at this point) I ran down to the road, and of all places to plant my foot, a large puddle was the prime candidate. You would think I would learn my lesson. It was valuable, and I plan to proceed with more caution.


As I was pondering this experience I thought of the phrase ¨knee deep¨. It is the first part in becoming immersed in anything. For the past few months of my life I have been knee deep in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the Children of God. I decided somewhat recently that knee deep is not enough. I need to be completely submerged in the work of the Lord. I need to be 100% focused on those that the Lord has prepared to receive the gospel. Each soul has the right to receive it and these moments of service in ushuaia are precious. My calling is to give them that chance. Since understanding this, I have been able to open my mouth and forget my shortcomings.


I know that through My Savior, Jesus Christ, I can and will conquer all of life's challenges. Through Him, I can repent, improve, grow and return to live with my Father in Heaven. God loves each of us and for that reason He called a prophet, Joseph Smith to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ once more upon the earth. That same prophet translated the Book of Mormon, which testifies that Jesus is the Christ, and that through His Gospel; faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end - each of Gods children can be save. We have a living prophet today - Tomas S. Monson - who carries out the will of the Lord here on the earth. I love this Gospel and the opportunity to share it.


SonreĆ­ - Hna. Milmont

1 comment:

Clay said...

so proud of you and your work. praying you keep touching people's lives and serving with a servant's heart. You're such a kind, good person. God Bless.........Clay