Monday, June 27, 2011

tigre week 2

¡No TEMERE!

Its amazing to me how the Lord puts things in our lives to see if we are paying attention to our blessings. When this happens I feel like the Lord is testing me. Almost poking fun, ¨with all the tenderness of a loving parent¨ (1 nephi 8:37) saying ¨do you remember when I helped you do this? Do you remember that Gift I gave you? How have you used that gift? I didn´t give it so you could forget it.¨ The Lord has a purpose for just about everything, and I have yet to discover most of them, but I´m trying.

My most recent goal is to understand that I don´t have all the answers, and that Heavenly Father does. In 1 nephi 9:3 nefi is talking about the scriptures, and how they have a ¨special purpose.¨ in verse 4 he tells us that He knows it is for a ¨wise purpose¨... ¨which purpose, I know not¨ but he continued to keep the commandments. So the first step is to understand that we don´t understand, the 2nd step is to move forward, doing what God asks and the 3rd step is to trust that everything will be great, not just good, but great:) and when we do these things eventually we come to realize that God ¨prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men¨(vers 6) Have you ever wondered why 1st and 2nd nephi are at the beginning of the Book of Mormon? Well I´ve figured it out. How many times have you read up to the isaiah chaptures and then stopped because Isaiah is a tough nut to crack? There are so many incredible lessons in these first books. And God knew that we would read those pasages over and over and over again. He, knows waht He´s doing. I challenge you to study them.

I love the truth and peace that comes from knowing I can trust my Father in Heaven. I´m relying on Him a lot. I see so many blessings as I serve the people here. I love learning about them, and feeling love for them. I can´t understand what they say yet, but I can feel what they mean. And my heart is filled. I´m leaning the importance of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the vital part it has in the His gospel. Also how peace can be ever present when things are difficult. In John 14:27, Christ is telling us that He is leaving peace with us. That peace is the Holy Gost, and his calling is to guide and comfort us. As missionaries we testify of Christ and His Gospel, but the Spirit carries the messege into their souls. In the previous verse we are told that the Spirit will bring all things to our remeberence. The thing that he has brought to my rememberence repeatedly through out my life, and here as a missionary is that Christ will never leave us helpless, thats why He left the Spirit with us. He won´t abandon us, His family. We need to always remember that. And always remember Him, as we strive to be like Him.

I love My Savior, He is my light, and I will not fear. In our pencion (apartment) there is an old sign left by another missionary that reads ¨Dios es mi luz, y no temere¨ I like it better in spanish because it´s saying ¨God is my light, and I WILL not fear¨ thats beter than asking ¨why I should fear?¨ I don´t know when I´ll be leaving Tigre. I´m going south, so as soon as the airport is open for me, I´ll be heading out, i´m kind of on stand by. But until then, I love it here. Its freezing, but the bread is good. Trust in the Lord, let the Spirit be with you and remember you are never alone. ¡Nos Vemos!

Sonrei - Hermana Milmont

No comments: