Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where is that?

Weekends tend to be exciting lately. I was able to spend time with some of my favorite people. Buddha and Gracem came home for the weekend. I would like to think that it was solely for me because I'm just that amazing... but contrary to popular belief... they do have other friends as well. After a long and arduous hour in choir I was spent;) So naturally I was off to play. Skinnyjay, Hippie, Maestro, and I decided to raid Guadalajara. It has been deemed that they have the best bean dip I had all day:] When the kitchen was empty Skinnyjay and I proceeded to ruby juice which is where we met up with Buddha and Gracem. The four of us talking and laughing together is one of my definitions of happiness.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose... but Don't Pick Your Friends Nose!!!
Platville.... Plattville or Plateville? In any case, that was my destination on Saturday. A bonfire, a ton of people whom I had never met, scalding hot cocoa and meeting the Fam was the mission. Mission report: Successful:)

Skinnyjay and I went to a WACOS(We Are Called tO be Saints) bonfire that was planned by his padre who makes amazing chili so henceforth we shall call him Chiliman, and his madre is dubbed Mili. Apparently the chili that I had that night was not the "Famous Chili" that I've been hearing a gillion stories about. Luckily I have secret ninja skills and was able to convince Chiliman to make it for me sometime. I must say that I am stoked! Skinnyjays Family is absolutely amazing. Mili is from Spain and she is wicked bubbly, I don't think I've ever laughed so much. She is hilarious, and I love her accent. She is the source of all knowledge when it comes to Skinnyjays childhood... he can't remember much (grrr) Chiliman has a sense of humor that is very similar to Skinnyjays (thank heaven) at first I thought he was kinda intimidating.. then I discovered the family secret... he's a big teddy bear [it's not really a secret... it just sounds cooler that way:] Pepe (SJ brother) is a masterful hacky sacker and reminded me of my cousin, so that was really cool, because my cousin is pretty amazing.

When we here making the hot cocoa we discovered that I have an uncanny sense of smell. I can smell temperature! pretty cool eh=P unfortunately it didn't do me much good.. I still burnt my tongue when testing it. Sad times indeed:( the bonfire was a ton of fun, we did the cha cha slide, sang songs, and ate yummy chili. It got really cold after a while, luckily I had a heater motor handy, always be prepared right? I'm a regular boy scout... well sort of:) all in all it was an absolutely fantastic day!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

It was so good to see you at the reunion! Your blog is awesome! Talk to you soon,