Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This ones for you Teach

After being interviewed by the school administration, the teaching prospect said,

'Let me see if I've got this right:' You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

' You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

' You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job. You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial be behavior, and make sure that they all pass the state exams.

' You want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

' You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps. You want me to do all this and then you have the nerve to tell me.................

'I CAN'T PRAY?'

1 comment:

Welcome to Thailand said...

Welcome to Thailand.
I love Dead Poets Society like you.